Monday, June 27, 2011

My Summertime Prayer


Lord, help me to savor every moment,
Help me to soak up every ray of sunshine and Popsicle kiss,
Help me to put away my "need to's and have to's" in favor of "want to's and wish to's",
Challenge me to get out of the kitchen and down onto the floor.
Help me to say more "Yes's" and less "No's",
Give me the creativity to think outside my routine and encourage inspiration,
Allow me to find joy in the mess and the chaos- for these things usually bring true delight,
Remind me to sacrifice my own peace and relaxation in favor of the hard work of play,
Give me a servant's heart, yet remove my guilt for the times that I need to focus on myself.
Help me to turn away from the things that absorb my mind and attention,
Instead, I want to be fully present.
I don't want to take one minute for granted.
Let the days drag on unending until we drop with exhaustion from a satisfied, saturated day.
I want to bottle up every memory, every giggle, each smooch, every breath,
And cherish every one.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment