Sunday, November 22, 2009

Back on my feet...

I firmly believe that God uses everything for the good... and have had to embrace that as I was on the couch for 7 days with the flu and pneumonia this week. I have never been this sick in my life... and it was so much harder with a 13 month old and a husband out of town. So, God taught me a lot this week... He taught me how little rest I have been giving myself and how I have been allowing my crazy life to cause me to neglect my body. I have learned humility and to accept and embrace those offering to help. I have had all of my needs provided for by amazing family and friends... and for that I am eternally grateful. It made me realize how, normally, I am very healthy; and made me incredible thankful that I would recover soon and did not suffer from a chronic illness like so many that I know and love. Therefore, being sick has helped me to empathize with those that are struggling with their health, and it helped me to understand some of the frustration that they experience on a daily basis. Most of all I have felt prayers of family and friends and experienced the healing hand of my Father. I am praising him that Jason and Amelia didn't get sick and that I am finally feeling better. Sometimes He has to knock you off your feet to get your attention... and for that I am thankful. He has done great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment