Thursday, March 18, 2010

Finding Joy on the Journey


So I am approaching the 3 week mark of being a "Transplanted Stay at Home Mommy" and things are going relatively well. Every day is a new adjustment and adventure and I am trying to soak up the joy in all of it. The day after my last post (the Lord's Ikea intervention :-) Amelia and I stumbled into a toddler time at our local library. It was 30 minutes of songs, books, games, and crafts- but best of all other mommies! I met another mom who has a daughter Amelia's age and lives just one block away and wanted to exchange phone numbers and get together. I was THRILLED! I came home and called Jason right away exclaiming," I made a FRIEND!" He said, "Great! What's her name?" Uhhhhh, kinda forgot about that part. So, there is another toddler time today and I'm praying my 'mystery friend' shows up. In the meantime, my goal has been to get involved as much as I can. I joined a MOPS group in the next town and, although the actually meeting itself is full due to childcare, they invited me to a playgroup this week. It was like a breath of fresh air! A group of young moms with young kids who were Christians. I had the best 90 minutes I'd had in a long
time. I am so thankful that these ladies were brought across my path and look forward to getting to know them in the future. AND, I got another phone number (do I sound like a Jr. High boy or what?) More than anything I am praising the Lord for the courage he's given me. I'm absolutely amazed at how easy it has been for me to, almost daily, go to an address of a playgroup and walk in like I actually know the people inside. Maybe all of my years of social work have been training me for this very thing. So, the journey continues! Can't wait to see where we end up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment