Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Now, where are you?

This is a question that we've been getting a lot lately, and, honestly, somedays I ask myself the same thing. So, here's a little update on our crazy life...

I stopped working for OSF on Feb 24th. The following week Amelia and I 'moved' all of our clothes and daily living needs to the house that Jason has been renting in McHenry, IL (about an hour north of Chicago). This house is QUITE SMALL, though, so we knew we couldn't stay here long. In April we put our house on the market and moved a bunch of stuff to storage so that it would look 'saleable' (ie spacious). In the meantime, Jason's best friend (who he works with up here) bought a house in Spring Grove, IL and we decided to rent their current house in Spring Grove from them in late May when they move.

We have had a series of interested parties come through our house wanting to rent or buy. Some weren't interested in the house, and others we weren't intersted in them ;-). Then, just last week, the first family who walked through (who are friends of neighbors, go to EWO, Christians, etc.) called and said they had sold their house and would like to rent. Hooray! Now we are trying to iron out the logistics of getting us out beginning May 15th and them in beginning the 23rd... and the house we are moving into isn't ready yet for us yet. So we are juggling moving the piano and furniture and all of our worldly possessions into temporary spaces until we can make one big, final move. In the meantime, the Lord is teaching me about perserverance. He is teaching me about reliquishing control when my posessions are in 4 different locations, teaching me patience when plans aren't moving as fast as I'd like, and learning to enjoy today instead of worrying about tomorrow. As usual, the Lord provided me with just the encouragement I needed during my devotions yesterday, "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment