Monday, May 24, 2010

My Hero


Through all of our trials and tribulations, the real hero of this story has been my incredible husband Jason. I just want to take a minute to be thankful for him. Jason, who has completely walked out in faith and left jobs of 13 and 8 years to enter into a field that he has no experience in. He has made enormous sacrifices, including being away from his infant daughter and wife the majority of days for almost a year in order to provide a better life for us. Jason has taken on the stressful role of being the sole bread winner in order to help me fulfill my desire to stay home with Amelia. He has valued security for our future in favor of comfort and ease (in the beginning often living out of his car and sleeping on my sister's couch and even on his office floor in tough times). This incredible man who gives and loves selflessly, is ALWAYS putting others above himself. From (in the past) warming my car up at 6am when he didn't have to be at work until 10am, taking the 2am newborn feeding every night, spending his day off cooking for my Bunco girls, driving home from Chicago for only 6 hours when I was sick so that he could do the dishes and pamper me, and most recently, running to Target at 9pm to buy an air conditioner so that we could sleep during the steamy night. I'm amazed that he can work a full day and still come home full of energy to play with Amelia and be an incredible dad. Most of all, I'm thankful that Jason relentlessly forgives me when I mess up every single day. He loves me unconditionally even when I am angry, bitter, and unloveable. He teaches me about patience, faith, and trust, and shows me how to see the glass half full, even when I don't want to. Jason is constantly reminding me of God's purpose and plan for our lives, and helps me to find hope when frustration threatens me. Over the past few months Jason has become such a strong spiritual leader for our family. I'm so proud of him for all that he has accomplished this past year, both personally and professionally. Even more importantly, he makes me want to be a better person and stronger Christian. Jason, I love you and I thank God every day for you!!

1 comment:

  1. From the little I've gotten to know Jason, I am not surprised by this. Nice post Jessica!

    Frank

    ReplyDelete